Kate Spanos – Scrabble Score Calculator

scrabble tilesscrabble tilesscrabble tiles

Word:

*note: if you are scoring for Words With Friends, be sure to select “Words With Friends” as your language in the drop-down menu above

double word score

triple word score

Bingo: 50 point bonus for words using all 7 tiles

clear

Validate in the Dictionary

look up in the dictionary | look up on wordnik.com

⇓ Read Scrabble scoring instructions

New! Added features history

screenshot-2-3.5  screenshot-3-3.5

182 thoughts on “Kate Spanos – Scrabble Score Calculator”

1. Steve Webb says:

Hey, this is a very handy tool, excellent.

2. Susan says:

This website is great. We used it last year to score our annual scabble tournament and plan to use it again this year. We ran into a slight problem while practicing just now, though. A mistake was made entering a word into the cache and was not caught until a few words later. When we tried to remove the word from the cache, nothing happened. The “x” the says (remove from cache) does not work. Is there any way this can be fixed by October 1st just in case we make a mistake during this years tournament? Thanks in advance.

3. Kate says:

I’m so glad you plan to use it again! I will definitely look into this issue and will hopefully have it resolved by October 1st. I’ll keep you posted!

4. Kate says:

Susan, this should be fixed. Please play around with it and let me know if you are still seeing problems. And thank you for catching this!

5. Thomas says:

Nice calculator! Just one note: you misspelled German: it is not “Deutsche” but “Deutsch”

6. Kate says:

Thanks for the correction! 🙂

7. diana says:

great site

8. diana says:

I lost the word check component. How do I get it back

9. Kate says:

There have been some issues with the calculator lately, but the word validation component should be working again. Thanks for letting me know!

10. I don’t know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your website.
    It appears as if some of the written text within
    your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this
    is happening to them as well? This might be a issue with my internet browser because I’ve had this happen previously.
    Cheers

11. Kate says:

I’m sorry you’re having trouble with the site. Could you tell me which pages are causing problems and which browser and operating system you’re using? I’ll try to fix it asap.

Thanks for letting me know about this!

12. Cecelia says:

Kate,
    Just found the Scrabble calculator and think it is fantastic. However, I was wondering why there was no way to continue maintaining the CACHE but be able to CLEAR a word and all of the selections made with it, i.e. triple word, double letter, etc.? I am using Windows 7 and IE.

13. Kate says:

Hi Cecelia,

It should be possible to remove a word from the cache. Just click the blue [X] on the left side of the box, next to the word in the cache. Let me know if that [X] isn’t showing up for you. I didn’t add option to remove just the selections (triple/double word/letter) because I didn’t see a big need for it, but if you think it would be really useful, I could try adding that feature.

Thanks for the feedback!

Kate

14. Cecelia says:

Hi Kate,
    I am not looking to clear a word from the cache because I want to be able to maintain a running total. However, I do want to clear the word and all its selections, i.e. double, triple word and double, triple letter to begin entering a new word. By clearing the previous word and any selections I can then be sure I have not left any selections from the previously entered word which my not be valid.

15. Kate says:

Ah, I understand what you mean now. It’s a great request, and definitely a feature that should be added. I will work on it and will let you know when it’s done!

Thanks!

16. Kate says:

Hi Cecelia,

I added the feature to clear selections when you add a word to the cache. Test it out and let me know if you have any problems with it. Thanks again for the feedback!

17. Jacky says:

This is so awesome and helpful!!!!!!

18. Jacky says:

Can you make the size of the sum bigger i had to zoom in to see it

19. Kate says:

Sure, that’s done!

20. James says:

The “validate in dictionary” doesn’t work as for every word it says “(word) is not a valid word according to Dictionary.com.”

21. Skque says:

This tool will come in handy. Thanks.

22. Gky says:

Nice tool, can you make it one for Android ? 😛

23. Kate says:

Thanks! Android version is on the list of things to do…stay tuned!

24. Anonymous says: